Why these three essential oil blends should be in your medicine cabinet
Essential oils are wonderful to have around during times of sickness, allergies, or discomfort. Petal & Leaf's Herbal Apothecary Blends consist of Belly Calm, Breathing Easy, & Relief. All three blends have very specific goals for how to target the body during times of belly discomfort, respiratory distress or headache pain.
All oil blends can be used together or separate, depending on what your body needs.
Let's learn the benefits of each one!
-Belly Calm Digestive Blend is a proprietary blend of essential oils to help ease digestive discomfort. Belly Calm contains peppermint, ginger root, sweet orange, coriander, caraway, and fennel essential oils.
- Peppermint is a refreshing cooling scent that helps fight nausea, bloating and gas
- Ginger Root oil helps to aid digestion and helps relieve nausea with its warm and spicy aroma
- Sweet Orange is a relaxing oil that eases indigestion
- Coriander Seed oil has a sweet peppery smell that helps to stimulate appetite and soothe digestive discomfort
- Caraway Seed oil has a warm herby scent that helps with digestive issues
- Fennel is a sweet and spicy oil that helps relieve gas and bloating and ease digestion
This blend is best applied to the abdomen in a circular motion to help find relief from bloating, gas, nausea and abdominal pain. Belly Calm can be used as often as needed when digestion upset occurs. *This oil is great to have on hand during long car rides or travel to help with motion sickness.
-Breathing Easy Respiratory Blend is a proprietary blend of essential oils to open the airways allowing for easy breathing. This oil blend contains laurel leaf, eucalyptus, peppermint, tea tree, lemon, cardamon, ravensara and ravintsara essential oils.
- Laurel Leaf supports a healthy respiratory system and helps to clear congestion with its uplifting scent
- Eucalyptus is a natural antiseptic with anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- Peppermint is a cool and refreshing oil that stimulates the senses
- Tea Tree oil is a powerful antiseptic that helps support a healthy immune system
- Lemon is a citrusy, uplifting and refreshing oil that stimulates the senses
- Cardamon promotes clear breathing and helps to support the respiratory system
- Ravensara boosts the immune system and helps fights coughs and congestion associated with colds
- Ravintsara with its camphorous aroma helps to fight congestion by opening the airways allowing for easy breathing
Roll Breathing Easy on the chest, behind the ears, back of the neck and bottoms of feet during times of congestion. *This blend can be used before a workout to invigorate the senses and open the airways. Just roll on the chest before you exercise. Breathing Easy is also a great oil to use before bed to help prevent snoring and to help relax.
-Relief Headache Blend is a proprietary blend of peppermint, lavender, helichrysum, and litsea essential oils. Use this oil blend anytime a headache arises. When a headache hits, Relief is your new best friend!
- Peppermint has cooling and anti-inflammatory properties that help fight headaches and relieve tension fast
- Lavender induces relaxation and helps to combat headaches with its powerful tension relieving properties
- Helichrysum is an anti-inflammatory oil that helps to reduce pain and improve circulation
- Litsea is an uplifting and rejuvenating oil with anti-inflammatory properties helping to ease headache tension and pain
Generously roll Relief on temples, forehead (be careful to avoid the eyes), back of the neck and behind the ears as often as needed. *This blend can be used every 15 minutes during times of intense headaches. Keep this oil blend nearby for instant headache relief.
I recommend bundling up and grabbing all three to add to your medicine cabinet! These oils will be of great use when you are feeling under the weather, are dealing with intense allergies or anytime you need the power of plants to help you heal!
Here's to the power of plants and good health!